Link
pixselection_brown_150

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Playing With Mefeedia

I'm finally getting around to playing with Peter's Mefeedia Video Quoting Tool. Basically, it allows you to choose a specific point of somebody elses video to highlight on your site. Easy fun tool: what more could you ask for. I could have either just linked to the quote, or used the auto-magically generated code that does this:
thumbnail preview of movie
Watch this Quicktime movie quote. Original movie from travelVlog. (Quote by mefeedia.)

I wonder if the quoted piece ends up in my ANT feed? I hope it does. (UPDATE: It does!!) It would open up a beautiful way to get eyes to look at something I found; just quoting a snippit and directing you to the original site. If you can dig it, that goes beyond your standard Link Love-- it's more like Link Sex.

6 Comments:

Blogger schlomo rabinowitz said...

Weird. I'll tell Mr. Mefeedia himself, Peter.

If anyone else has a problem, just let me know so I can tell him. Thanks!

10:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the reason is this: the video is a SMIL reference to the original movie, and ANT doesn't download the original movie. So if the original movie is online, it should work, if it's slow or unavailable, it won't work in ANT (at least not now)..

Peter

11:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I improved the quoting tool a lot, go to http://mefeedia.com/watch/, pick any Quicktime movie and click the quote icon... let me know how it works.. gotta test it..

9:07 AM  
Blogger Faux Press said...

Also tried the quote - last week - and it didn't work in FireANT. :( Hope the new fix works - quoting will be a great boon to us.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Chris Ritke said...

I'm using Firefox and the auto-magically generated image is just black?

5:43 PM  
Blogger schlomo rabinowitz said...

It works pretty damn good, actually. I haven't had a chance to email Automagician Peter of Mefeedia to tell him.. But I'm telling you!!

1) The black image is there because that is the screenshot that got automagically taken. (it takes a frame a couple seconds into the video) If you look up my automagically generated screenshots, you can see that some of them are black screens. It happens.

2) The reason why it doesn't download sometimes in FireANT, is because, to quote peter from above, "if the original movie is online, it should work, if it's slow or unavailable, it won't work in ANT." When I first put it on my page, I DID get it in ANT. So it works, but not all the time.

I think I'm going to set up a page just for quotes. Little snippets of goodness found on Mefeedia.

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory