Link
pixselection_brown_150

Sunday, June 01, 2008

The Shitter Song in Peru



I´m in Peru!

At the moment, I´m in the town of Pisco, where a major earthquake hit and has decimated this area. People are living in tents; bathing in garbage; looting the homes. I´ve come here to work with Burners Without Borders, a relief organization that has grown out of many of us who participate at Burning Man.

I´ve embedded a video above that was shot last week here to promote one of our latest projects. (NOTE: I didn´t make the video and it was made the week prior of me arriving, but my videos are coming!) This project is about the creation of appropriate toilet facilities for families here in Pisco. The one above will be used by approximatly 130 familes. This is serious stuff, my friends. I don´t know about you, but I do most of my best thinking while sitting on the toilet. Think of all the help this will bring to this community!

For the past couple days, I have been making temporary schoolhouses made out of bamboo. Their school is demolished, and these will be used for the next year until the school is rebuilt.

Want to donate or help in some way? Check the Burners Without Borders website or shoot me an email. You can also find the org on such web2.0 sites like The Facebooks. Use your google, you know you can chip in. If this boy from the city can do it, you can too.

I miss my home and my life, but sometimes you have to put those things on hold.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger el capitan jefe supremo said...

Hey man, just wanted to say I'm proud to have you as a friend. Thanks for your words and your little contribution to making this little rock a little nicer.
Fun, safe travels amigo, the jameson is corked up awating your arrival.
-d

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy was pretty good. Schlomo, never thought this stuff was in you, but it's nice to see. Must pass time soon. Shit's been busy.

On another note, women wearing tool belts is a huge turn-on for me.

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Blogarama - The Blog Directory